Friday, February 7, 2014

Organizing Yarn

In the past few weeks I have been doing a lot of organizing and developing my ideas for the Home Decorating Challenge. At the beginning of last year I did the Home Organization Challenge and the focus was on decluttering. This year I continue to focus on getting things better organized for my business and my family and I have been improving on how I do things and finding better solutions for organizing and displaying items in my home.


I work from home, and I have several areas of the house that I work from. This helps to keep things organized and allows me to create a separate work space for the different type of activities that I do in my business. This year two of the areas that are at the top of my list are my sewing and craft studios. My sewing studio is on the main floor of the house, just off of the kitchen and my craft studio is in the basement.


One of the things I started with was to reorganize my yarn stash. I have started to collect more yarn than I may have bargained for and it was getting a bit out of hand. I recently purchased a ton of plastic storage boxes ("shoe box" bins) from Walmart and they were just the things I needed to corral the excess yarn. I love these containers and I have used them before in other parts of my home. I love that you can see the contents, the lids are great and they are stackable.  I love labeling, but I can easily see the contents in this case and did not feel it was necessary. I passed on labeling them because I felt they looked cleaner and less busy by leaving them plain. Next time I will share with you what my new yarn cabinet looks like.

How do you organize your yarn?


2 comments:

  1. My daughter loves to knit. She has bundles of yarn in clear storage containers too. I wish we had the space for shelves. I love how neat and organized everything looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi. I wish I had shelves too. I got a vintage cabinet to store most of the yarn, so I'll share that next time. I am afraid that the rest of the space still needs more work and I'm trying to purge some fabric and craft supplies. I'm thinking of doing a giveaway!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...