Friday, November 15, 2013

Home Decorating Challenge

I have a new home challenge that I am truly excited about. With the winter months ahead, I could not think of a better way to spend the cold winter days than planning great decorating projects that I can sink my teeth into. So, I have come up with something that I think is super juicy and I hope that you will join me.

Earlier this year I did the "Home Organization Challenge," which has been wonderful, and my family and I have really benefitted from having things better organized. It was also such a treat to have so many of you joining me here on Crafted Spaces and on Facebook and Pinterest. However, at the end of the twelve weeks of decluttering and organizing I really felt like I needed to add some style and personality to each room. Well, I finally have the time and resources to do so and I hope that you will join me for a "Home Decorating Challenge."


Starting today, November 15, 2013 to March 31, 2014, I will be giving each room in my home new life. The challenge will follow a budget, it will be eco-friendly, and done creatively, while utilizing as many items that I already have on hand as possible. With some added elbow grease, I hope to transform each room into stylish but fun spaces that my family and I can enjoy. Along the way, I will share with you the projects I make and resources that I have found. The journey promises to be creative and fun, with a few thrifty finds along the way. I hope that you will be inspired by these projects and will try your own home decorating.


I am not an interior decorator, so I am not planning on delivering any advice as such. I am also not interested in "curating" objects in my home or following the latest trends. I am a designer, artist and maker and my approach to this process is going to be more organic. I prefer to have items that reflect the personalities and history of my family and I will choose colours and textures that make us feel happy and at home. I am hoping that this will be an exercise in how to decorate with items you love for those whom you love. This will be a non-decorators' guide to decorating.


Here is a little inspiration to get you thinking about what you will like to do:

Pinterest Boards
Home Style
DIY Home Decor
Creative Spaces
At Home

I will also share various resources including books and various web links.

Happy decorating!



RESOURCES

Home Decorating Challenge: Shopping for Home Décor Fabric
Better Home and Gardens
Style at Home
House Beautiful
Spoonflower

UPDATE

Entryway - Fresh Paint
Living Room Hardwood Floor
Gallery Wall {Part 1}
Living Room Gallery Wall
Second Floor Gallery Wall
Pillow Covers
Light Fixtures
DIY Painted Dinning Set
DIY Shower Curtains
Upholstered Bench
Removing Wallpaper
DIY Shelves
DIY Desk
Studio Curtains
Seat Recovering
Laundry Room Curtains
DIY Artwork
Basement (Part I)
Basement (Part II)
Basement (Part III)

* There are more resources and updates to come, so visit us again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...