Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thrift Store Find: Wicker Baskets

I am working on a family command centre in the back hall, just outside of the home office. I have not gotten very far with the command centre, but I have prepared the wall and should be painting next. I am also looking for items that I can use on the wall to help organize mail, bills and school information. I will also like the wall to double as an art wall for my little one, so I am getting pieces together for that as well.

I have come across a few pieces at the thrift store and I am hoping that I can use them in the way I have envisioned. Here are two wicker baskets that I recently purchased. They were $3.99 each and I am thinking of staining them in a dark walnut colour to match the hardwood floors in my studio.


I could paint them, but I think that staining them will make them look more in keeping with the new decor I am working on for the house, and will be a great "Crafty Home" project. The idea is to fasten them to the wall and label them "in mail" and "out mail." I am thinking up cute ideas on how I will label them. I am open to suggestions!



4 comments:

  1. Staining them is a great idea. You could also make a couple liners for them in a fun fabric of your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandi, a couple of liners will be a great idea and will give it a finished look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I just thought you could label them with chalk board paint labels so you could change them to something else in the future. Just attach then with a clip of some kind to hang them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda! Thanks for the idea. I was playing with the idea of chalk paint labels, but was not sure how to attach them. The clip might be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...